Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
An eventful history - since 1565
While rummaging through Willgeroth, our town chronicler, we found: "Your Krughaus, Breitestraße 10, was acquired by the Böttcher family in 1562". The town book of 1680 notes a gate path and back building to the brewery house, which has been located on Böttcherstraße since 1565.
The owners of this brewery house changed from Trendelburg via Fiedler and Schalk to Heinrich Fenger. The brewery became the Fengersche Brauerei "Zum Bügerbräu".
In 1896 Fenger built a new house on Breite Straße, which was renamed "Zum Franziskaner" in 1925. In the course of history, people moved back and forth on the property several times and even tried mushroom growing in the cellar.
Until the expropriation in 1946, it was then the "Nordischer Hof". The best house on the site, as the annals once noted.
Through INTOURIST, the house was transferred to the HOG (Handelsorganisation Gaststätten).
And then came the turning point...
After the house had been empty for 14 years, we renovated it and reopened it in 2006.